Conventionl style scissors with a hidden spring that will force the blades back to an open position after the grip has been eased. Ideal for children in a mainstream setting who need some extra assistance when using scissors. The scissors should be held in thumb and middle finger (for maximum strength) the index finger is placed outside the loop to provide guidance and control.
Available in both left and right handed options - with colour coded handles to easily identify the correct pair to use:
Blue handles - Right hand
Green handles - Left hand
Features and Benefits:
- Hidden self open spring - This is integral to the blade and not visible whilst still providing the same self-opening action
- Conventional style handles - Popular with children with special needs in a mainstream environment
- Wide finger contact area - Ensures a comfortable grip which can be maintained throughout use
- High quality stainless steel blade - Provides longetivity and cuts through paper with ease
- Blade guard - Fixes over the blade to provide safe storage
OT recommended for:
- Older children who prefer a more conventional styling but are unable to manage opening and closing the scissors
- Poor grip strength
- Reduced motor control
Remember!! The index finger is always used for guidance - use the middle finger through the finger loop of the scissor to provide the strength. Well you'd never hold a pencil in just a thumb and index finger with no support would you?!
It is illegal for us to sell knives or sharp items, to anyone under 18 years of age.
In order for us to ensure that we avoid selling to those under the age of 18, it is necessary that:
- Purchases of this item are to be made by credit card or by use if Paypal (both of which require the purchaser to be over the age of 18). Items purchased can only be sent to the address registered with the credit card used or with Paypal.
- We cannot post this item to addresses outside of the United Kingdom.
To ensure that your order is dealt with quickly, please ensure that you provide us with your details exactly as they appear on your credit card and please ensure that you enter the address that your payment card is registered at, as your billing address. Failure to enter the correct registered card address as recognised by your bank may result in the order being cancelled and refunded.