These ultra light-weight scissors have the added benefit of a long loop handle for additional stabilisation. Designed for use by those with weak hands and wrists or those who are unable to use conventional style scissors due to swollen and painful joints. These scissors are suitable for adults or older teens.
Available in both left and right handed options - with colour coded handles to easily identify the correct pair to use:
- Blue handles - Right hand
- Green handles - Left hand
Size - 75mm pointed
- Additional long loop handle - Aids finger isolation using middle, ring and little finger for strength whilst the index finger is used for guidance. Alternatively for those with very restricted movement, fingers can be placed over the long loop handle
- High quality polymer - Does not snap and retains spring action
- High quality stainless steel blade - Provides longevity and cuts through paper with ease
- Blade guard - Fixes over the blade to provide storage
OTs recommend for:
- Poor sensation, weak grip, hand strength and/or motor control
- Learning correct index finger placement
- Motor planning difficulties. For example, Dyspraxia
- Those with joint hypermobility
For fine cutting it is important to provide the correct scissors for left/right handed use as this ensures the cutting line is clearly visible during the cutting action.
It is illegal for us to sell knives or sharp items, to anyone under 18 years of age.
In order for us to ensure that we avoid selling to those under the age of 18, it is necessary that:
- Purchases of this item are to be made by credit card or by use if Paypal (both of which require the purchaser to be over the age of 18). Items purchased can only be sent to the address registered with the credit card used or with Paypal.
- We cannot post this item to addresses outside of the United Kingdom.
To ensure that your order is dealt with quickly, please ensure that you provide us with your details exactly as they appear on your credit card and please ensure that you enter the address that your payment card is registered at, as your billing address. Failure to enter the correct registered card address as recognised by your bank may result in the order being cancelled and refunded.