There is a 15% off all memberships in the HMSA at the moment. The price shown is the discounted price. Current members can also purchase membership whilst it is discounted - their membership of the HMSA will be extended 12 months from the date they are due to expire.
Membership of the Hypermobility Syndromes Association for one year, providing support to people with a range of conditions causing hypermobility, including: Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder (Hypermobility Syndrome,Joint Hypermobility Syndrome, BJHS), Ehlers Danlos Syndromes, Marfan Syndrome, Osteogenisis Imperfecta, Stickler Syndrome, and Pseudoxanthoma.
We are pleased to provide you with a great package of benefits as shown below.
- A free 'New member' pack including: 2 group posters, 2 'What's the connection?' posters, 4 trifold leaflets, 1 'Living Well WIth Hypermobility' booklet, membership card, and a membership letter. A family pack also includes a 'An Educator's Guide to the Hypermobile Child' booklet and extra membership cards.
- Access to your nearest local HMSA support group(s), run by trained volunteers
- Access to your HMSA members only Facebook groups (secure places to ask questions and gain valuable peer support, moderated by trained volunteers)
- 1:1 advice from trained staff.
- Advocacy is offered on a case by case basis. (This is not a guaranteed service as it depends on staff time and also proof of diagnosis via a medical letter.)
- Monthly HMSA E-Newsletter
- 2 HMSA Journals, published bi-annually, provided free to members. In each issue we have articles written by our Medical Advisors and other members of the association, keeping our members informed of current progress in the world of Hypermobility Syndromes.
- Educational Support Facebook group run by professionals for parents to get advice on accessing the support available to their child.
- 10% Discount to all HMSA members when hiring products through Wheelfreedom the UK?s leading wheelchair hire and mobility scooter hire company.
- 10% Discount to all HMSA members when purchasing ergonomic tools, aids and assistive devices through www.peta-uk.com. (Should any member have problems please telephone 01376 573476 and Peta staff will gladly assist).
- Advice from specialist insurance advisors at the ‘Special Risks Bureau’ (a business experienced in covering hypermobility syndromes) on products such as Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Income Protection and Private Medical Insurance. Discounts may be available on some products. Tel: 0808 17 82 777 and quote HMSA or visit: www.specialrisksbureau.co.uk/health-conditions
Family Membership: for child protection reasons, children under 16 years old cannot hold their own single membership, but can be covered by a family membership. Family membership will cover family members living at the same address. Please use the 'order and delivery comments' box at the end of the checkout process to note the names and dates of birth of any children to be covered by family membership.
If you wish to order this membership for someone else, please enter their name and address in the delivery comments box at the end of the checkout process.
If you have been a member before, you do not need to purchase this membership type. Instead you can opt for the membership renewal, available here.
It may take a few weeks to process a membership application, so we now send the pack out within a few days of membership being ordered, and your membership specific details (e.g. membership number) will be sent once your application has been processed.