Our long loop scissors have been designed with an extended loop to give increased strength and control over the cutting action. Assists children with poor motor control, including those with Dyspraxia and similar conditions.
Child size - 45mm rounded
Available in both left and right handed options with colour coded handles to easily identify the correct pair to use:
Blue handles - Right handed
Green handles - Left handed
OTs recommend for:
- Children with weak grip/strength
- Young children who are able to open and close the scissors but become confused about finger placement in regular scissors
- Poor motor control
- Training placement of the thumb while continuing to provide the benefit of the long loop handle
- Introducing the skill of opening and closing the scissors
- Long loop handle - Provides superb control of cutting action using middle, ring and little finger for strength whilst index finger is used for guidance
- Wide finger contact area - Ensures a comfortable grip which can be maintained throughout use
- High quality stainless steel blade - Provides longevity and cuts through paper with ease
Before starting a scissor activity try doing a "finger warm up". Try opening and closing scissors in time to a rhyme such as "two little dicky birds", which can build strength too.
For fine cutting it is important to provide left-handers with left-handed scissors as the reversed blades make the cutting line clearly visible during the cutting action.
It is illegal for us to sell knives or sharp items, to anyone under 18 years of age.
In order for us to ensure that we avoid selling to those under the age of 18, it is necessary that:
- Purchases of this item are to be made by credit card or by use if Paypal (both of which require the purchaser to be over the age of 18). Items purchased can only be sent to the address registered with the credit card used or with Paypal.
- We cannot post this item to addresses outside of the United Kingdom.
To ensure that your order is dealt with quickly, please ensure that you provide us with your details exactly as they appear on your credit card and please ensure that you enter the address that your payment card is registered at, as your billing address. Failure to enter the correct registered card address as recognised by your bank may result in the order being cancelled and refunded.